Academic Writing Month runs in November and challenges participants to set and meet a writing goal during the month.
To help everyone participating, we’ve done a round of up our best scholarly writing resources and will also release great new writing content regularly during November.
[Blog] What is #AcWriMo?
Learn where #AcWriMo came from and how it helps scholarly writers
[On Demand Webinars] Scholarly Writing
Check out these webinars from our ongoing Scholarly Writing webinar series when it suits you
- Developing your Scholarly Voice: How to Paraphrase, Make Claims, and Synthesize Literature
- Humanizing the Research Writing Process
- Humanizing the Research Writing ProcessDeveloping Your Scholarly Voice: How to Paraphrase, Make Claims, and Synthesize Literature
- Publish and Persevere: Writing and Representing Qualitative Research
- Completing a Service-Oriented Dissertation or Thesis: Key Considerations for Success
- Tips for Writing an Academic Textbook
- Psychological Tools for Writing Productivity
- The Ins and Outs of Dissertation Writing: Organization, Transitions, and Scholarly Language
- Qualitative Research Thesis and Dissertation: Effective Writing and Advising Strategies
[Live Virtual Learning] Writing Groups for Scholars
Register for a free virtual writing group to ask questions and learn best practices from experts and peers on academic writing and publishing
[On Demand Webinar Series] Summer Scholarly Writing Institute
NVivo and Citavi partnered with Dissertation by Design to present the virtual Scholarly Writing Institute. These four sessions will help you enhance your writing skills and learn more about digital tools, like NVivo and Citavi, that can assist with the writing and publishing process.
[Blog] Extending Your Literature Review with NVivo
Learn how NVivo adds new possibilities for analyzing literature, for example, exploring relationships between articles, authors and books.
[Blog] Speed Up Publishing with NVivo and Citavi
If you’re working with NVivo to help you analyze the results from your original research or supporting literature, Citavi can help you be more efficient in the other stages of the research process.
[Blog] NVivo and Citavi Make it Easier than Ever to Write and Reference
Learn how to speed up publishing by taking advantage of quick imports of literature into NVivo for coding, and exports to add citations through Citavi
We hope you find these resources helpful in your writing journey!
To make sure you don’t miss more great new scholarly writing content, sign up to receive blog updates using the blog subscribe box at the bottom right of this page, and follow us on