Total commitment: 8-10 hours
Support: Trainer-facilitated forum
Course access: 4 weeks from log-in
Format: Online, self-paced learning via videos, screenshots and examples
Recognition: Certificate of Completion
Version: NVivo 14, or the previous version of NVivo 13 (March 2020, R1)
Operating Systems: Windows & Mac
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of coding elements as covered in NVivo Core Skills course.
Coding, or gathering content by topic or theme, is a fundamental task in most qualitative projects.
It's an iterative rather than a one-stage process, and the meaning and structure of your codes will most likely change over time. This course takes the Core Skills' introduction to coding to deeper levels in exploring key aspects of coding and methodologies.Learning Outcomes:
- Make a distinction among the following qualitative methodologies: thematic analysis, grounded theory, phenomenology, conversational analysis, discourse analysis, narrative analysis and content analysis
- Use NVivo to code qualitative data – creating codes, categories, and themes
- Use the auto-code function in NVivo to automatically generate codes and themes
- Use NVivo to analyze data under a specified qualitative methodology
- Use NVivo to explore relationships among a group of participants, codes or themes
To effectively participate in this training, you will need access to the latest version of NVivo 14, or the previous version of NVivo 13 (March 2020, R1). A 14-day free trial of the latest release of NVivo (NVivo14) is available at https://lumivero.com/resources/free-trial/